Recap of Hunton Insurance Recovery Group presentations in August and September 2019 focusing on key risk management techniques and strategies for maximizing recoveries under corporate insurance policies and enforcing indemnity rights under technology, sales, services, outsourcing, and other commercial contracts:
- John Eichman and Sergio F. Oehninger presented a seminar on Electronic Crime – Insurance Coverage for Cyber Attacks and Computer Fraud, Independent Community Bankers of America Webinar Series, September 24, 2019.
- Sergio F. Oehninger presented seminars on: (i) Navigating the Tri-Partite Relationship and An Insurer’s Duty to Defend and Settle Under Liability Policies, HNBA Annual Conference, September 27, 2019; (ii) Risk Transfer, Indemnity, and Insurance Provisions in Commercial Contracts, DC Bar, September 11, 2019; and (iii) Data Privacy, Social Media Compliance & Cyber Insurance, Financial Poise Webinar, August 8, 2019.
- Andrea DeField presented on Your Risks and Other People’s Insurance: Maximizing Recovery Through Indemnity Agreements, Insurance Requirements, and Additional Insured Status, Florida RIMS Educational Conference, August 2, 2019.
- Michael S. Levine presented a seminar on Insurance for IP Claims, University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center’s Alumni CLE Program, Concord, New Hampshire, September 14, 2019.
Upcoming HAK Insurance Recovery Group presentations for October 2019 include:
- Walter J. Andrews will be presenting on Ransomware, ACCC Dialogue, October 8, 2019. (Please note this event is restricted to ACCC Fellows)
- Lorelie S. Masters will be presenting with Paul M. Tiao and Kevin W. Jones on The SAFETY Act, Security and Insurance: Protecting Your Reputation and Reducing Liability Risk on October 28, 2019.
- Sergio F. Oehninger will be presenting on Depreciation of Labor in Property Insurance Claims: Guidance from Recent Cases, Strafford webinar, October 30, 2019.